Requirement Analysis and Design Definition (RADD) is an activity that fulfills both physical and functional needs of a particular design, product process that has to be performed.
Accumulate all requirements from a client, analyze and then document. These requirements should be quantifiable, relevant and detailed. Business Analyst should implement solution-based advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing requirements of the design or processes. The document enacts as a comprehensive declaration of what the project is supposed to achieve.
Activities to perform during Requirements Analysis and Design Definition:
- Structure and Organize Requirements discovered during the elicitation techniques
- Specify & Model Requirements and Designs
- Validate and Verify information of Requirements and Designs
- Identify Solution options
- Estimate potential value from identified solution options
Five Key Tasks that are performed during this phase:
1. Specify and Model Requirements: Describes a set of requirements or designs in detail using analytical techniques.
2. Verify Requirements: Verifying a requirement is a part of Quality process which ensures that a product, service, or system meets requirements and specifications.
3. Validate Requirements: Validation tests how well you addressed the business needs that made you write these requirements. It is also sometimes called acceptance or business testing. Verification and Validation help to make sure that your software has delivered on its purpose in an error-free (ideally) way.
4. Define Requirements Architecture: Structures all requirements and designs to support the overall business purpose for a change and work effectively as a cohesive whole.
5. Identify Solution Options: Identifies, Explores and Describes different possible ways of meeting the need.
6. Analyze Potential Value and Recommend Solution: Assesses the business value associated with a potential solution and compares different options, including trade-offs, to identify and recommend the solution option that delivers the greatest overall value.
As a consequence RADD is one of the important and essential knowledge area in BABoK as it helps business analysis activities progress from delivering potential value to actual value to meet business needs.Tags: Requirements