Why Software companies need a Business Analyst
Problems being faced by organisations
- Developers are not competent to elicit requirements – Due to lack effective communication and modeling skills core in understanding the client to elicit requirements effectively.
- Stakeholders lack time to model and document their own requirements – Training is needed to stakeholders to use inclusive tools and techniques in the development efforts. Time is the constraint and business need more time to spend.
- Business need analysis and need to be performed by Analysis experts – It is unreasonable and absurd expecting who are all involved in the project possess expertise at all aspects of software development process.
A Trained Business Analyst is can possess business-oriented thinking about the problem and related suggestive solution with details involved in making changes and improvements to business processes. So, a Business Analyst helps the organization make understand and identify issues – problems, opportunities and needs to implement the changes diagnosed that solve the business issue.
Reasons for BA role emergence with business community
With the experience and exposure of software companies with projects, various possible reasons arise for project failure and why interest in Business Analysis has grown
- Unsatisfactory project success or failures.
- Lack of expertise in gathering requirements.
- Unmindful of outsourcing.
- Process optimization.
In conclusion, a potential Business analyst is definitely required to have a detailed understanding of the whole business.Tags: BA