Software Testing – It is a process to identify the correctness, completeness and quality of developed application or product in relation to the client expectations. It is a continuous process of executing a program / application under positive and negative conditions by manual means or automated means. It checks for
Why Software Testing?
- Testing has the potential to identify the cause impact on mission of the application, operational performance and reliability.
- Effective software testing delivers quality software products satisfying user’s requirements, needs and expectations.
Objectives of Testing
- Uncover as many as errors / bugs / defects as possible in the developed application or software.
- Demonstration of the developed software’s or product’s performance in real-time scenario.
- Validation of the quality of the software testing by minimizing the cost with best possible efforts.
- Give way to generation of high quality test cases, perform efficient tests, and give correct picture with helpful bugs / errors / defects report.
Need for Testing the Software application or product
There is no standardized process of developing an application
The Testing ensures the
Precision of Application Functionality.
Requirements identified earlier are met.
Summing up, the purpose Testing phase is to
Ensure that the developed application or software is matching the identified Specifications.
Giving client the actual picture of the application regarding bugs / defects / errors.
Suggestions, if any for the improvement of the working experience with the developed product or application.Tags: Project